Tuesday, January 01, 2008

☐ STOCK EXCHANGE IS OPEN AGAIN

SO HERE GOES: COMMENT AWAY!



Mmmkay. Some of you have asked why I no longer allow comments. Well, to be honest, there were several reasons– all far less important to the contrary, but if it helps matter ease, here were the reasons:
10. Didn't think it mattered.
9. 1 Less place to check and expect messages (let alone, disappoint...)
8. Privacy Purpose: the feeling of other people reading into things> more than needed.
7. "Anonymous" posters kinda gives me the creeps.
6. Not fluent in any foreign languages, and will do just about anything (& kill precious time) working out the few sentences that I will never likely use again.
5. Stalking is not an option. It's inevitable.
4. See Reasons number 7 & 8
3. The meaning in the word, "Thank you" becomes bleak.
2. I can't pay you all.
...And the number 1 Reason is, (drum roll)
1. Avoiding the question, "What Have You Been Working On?"
As grateful as I am with this question...
ANSWER: Chances are, I'd post it here [remotely relevant]
Otherwise, What am I working on? (Not only am I haunted by this question from my immediate family on daily basis...)
– You really want to know? A new lipstick color, my resume, the bills, the laundry, the dishes... returning a few phone calls & emails, writing out invoices, downloading music... reading my horoscope, reading your horoscope, checking tomorrow's horoscope, under the classified section, looking for my pencil, walking my dog, off to catch a train, making travel plans, putting on liquid eyeliner, brushing... flossing... changing... cleaning... crime fighting..., and then, more emails...
I don't know about you, but man, all this takes up a lot of time!
– What's that you say, Lassie? Hire a house keeper? Don't I have an assistant? ...where do you think I live? Trump Tower?
ANYWAY, I later learned, by having my box shut, eliminated the chances of getting to know some of YOUR bloggen' and others to share their thoughts and then some... (how so very rude of me).

So here goes> to my fellow comrades, on behalf of myself and future blogging, do accept my apology for dividing our love in silence. I too, hope one day, can find the courage and inspiration to comment away. :)

WISHING EVERYONE A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous posters CREEP me out 2!
what are they hiding?

How strange that i just happened to check your blog just after you updated. . . i feel i should post this as 'Anonymous' now, just so as to add to the creepy effect.

cheeriO

2:03 AM  
Blogger Owen said...

Hey, Happy new year Celia!

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the comments are back up. :)

Happy New Year, ©!


- Ed
NYC

6:00 PM  
Blogger wbcity said...

Been collecting all your Virgin covers. Outstanding work! What tragic news hearing it's over. :-( Are you doing more covers for them anytime soon?

9:27 PM  
Blogger andrés said...

Hello Celia. Been checking your work and is really cool. I'm a designer as well and have to tell u that love ur style and wok. Do u do it in vector and work the lights and shadows in photoshop? Or did u paint first and digitalize them?

Seguiere visitando tu blog, me gusta tu trabajo! ;)

cya

12:04 PM  
Blogger Lovelace said...

There are times for comments & times for no comments. I check your blog for inspiration & there's always some there.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Lizz said...

Good thing you decide to allow comments... and I also think that anonymous are creppy....love the vader :D

12:46 PM  
Blogger Faboun'e said...

Realy nice to see you again..!
Wish you some goooooooods things for 2008...!
superbe statue de la liberté ! but French gonna be surprised about what you're doing with our present for US. ... ;)
see ya

1:42 PM  
Blogger © said...

thanks so much for the kind wishes & thoughts, everyone... always. :)


> wbcity: is that American VIRGIN or VIRGIN comics you're collecting? hopefully more work will come in w DC/Vertigo (will let u know). :)

> andrés: i don't vector. the work you see posted here are all hand sketched & mainly painted/colored in photoshop. :)


best wishes,

©

7:25 PM  
Blogger wbcity said...

Both, American Virgin & Virgin comics ;-) but American Virgin's got more. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

8:16 AM  
Blogger D.Killer said...

Uau, incredible works.
Regards from Barcelona.
Congratulations.
I agregate u to my favourites.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Leon said...

Love your work.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

Very inspiring work! Always impressive!

1:22 AM  
Blogger Omar Cruz said...

I like this blog is fantastic, is really good written. Congratulation. Do you want to see something more? Read it...:Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: beach real estate, condo, condos for sale. Visit us for more info at: http://www.jaco-bay.com

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree.. your blog and art R.O.C.K.S!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Alexander Berglund said...

It's really great to see that you are getting those comments back up again... I... It's the first time I comment in your blog... and this post sure gives one a good reason to de-lurk ;)

4:04 PM  
Blogger © said...

... it's good being loved. :)

– many thanks, always.


©

10:40 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

And you even get comments on posts that don't even half resemble your work! LOL. You get more comments than most people working their asses off posting for weeks. Is it because of your pretty face? Hmmmm. I wonder. ;)

My take? You have it all, and you know it.

Forever at your dispense,

- Ed
NYC

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home